- Appalachian Standard Review
CBD Oil Review rates the Appalachian Standard Brand with two stars because it qualifies for the Mission & Quality Badges.
User Review( votes)
Appalachian Standard: 60-Second Summary
When it comes to organic, home-grown CBD, Appalachian Standard certainly sets the bar high. Hailing from the mountains near Asheville, North Carolina, this family and veteran-owned CBD merchant clearly knows a thing or two about cultivating sustainable hemp. They rotate crops through a greenhouse, indoor, and field environments to keep the soil healthy and their customers happy all year long. If they can rev up their testing protocols, we’d be even more on board.
Appalachian Standard Brand Review
The Appalachian Standard operation is a seed-to-sale ordeal — they control all steps of the growing and manufacturing process. These types of CBD merchants are historically less likely to have contaminants and usually are bastions of quality control and transparency. Appalachian Standard is no exception.
The team grows their hemp — whom they affectionately call ‘our girls’ — in the beautiful mountainous region of Asheville, North Carolina. Appalachian Standard is committed both to organic growing practices and to protecting ‘the pollinators, people and pets’ that use their products. Love it!
Because AS rotates their hemp plants between three growing environments, they can sustainably produce high-quality CBD flower and CBD oil all year. Plus, customers get a nice variety and can feel good about buying from an eco-conscious CBD vendor.
The cannabinoid profiles for the AS CBD hemp flower strains are very impressive. We’re talking nice concentrations of CBD plus higher concentrations of other cannabinoids you usually won’t see in more processed CBD products. Provided terpene test results for their CBD oil tinctures are also eye-catching with large amounts of highly beneficial flavonoids like myrcene.
Unfortunately, AS falls just short of the Safety Badge. Currently, there are no cannabinoid profiles available for their CBD vape cartridges. And while they run contaminants tests for heavy metals, pesticides, and microbiologicals, we’ll need to see residual solvents results to verify their vape cartridges and CBD oil tinctures. Even though the brand employs clean CO2 extraction, residual solvents can still be present, so we still require these results for any extracted product.
The AS CBD catalog is mainly focused on their cannabinoid-rich hemp flower. The line is all-natural and reasonably priced, from $8 for a half-gram pre-roll to $85 for the 3000mg CBD oil tinctures. Take a look:
- CBD Hemp Flower – Choose from over 10 CBD hemp flower strains with full-spectrum, dynamic cannabinoid profiles. They offer a really nice selection of sativas, indicas, and hybrids with some popular favorites and strains unique to the Appalachian Standard brand. Be sure to check out their Premium Poppy Blend, the so-called ‘hybrid of hybrids’ with a blend of four strains and kief. In a word, YUM.
- CBD Oil Tinctures – Full spectrum CBD oil from greenhouse-grown hemp and a little MCT oil are the pure ingredients we always love to see.
- CBD Pre-Rolls
- CBD Pre-Rolls Tin – This is an excellent gift option for your CBD friends and also a great bang for your buck — $27.50 for 5 half-gram pre-rolls in a hip little tin.
CBD vape cartridges
We’d love to see Appalachian Standard get involved in giving back and up their testing game to take their brand higher. The future looks bright if they do.
Bottom Line – Appalachian Standard is an all-natural and organic seed-to-shelf CBD vendor with great promise, but they need to make some small changes for a higher rating.
Badges For Appalachian Standard
Appalachian Standard grows their hemp organically and uses a CO2 extraction process for their CBD tinctures and vapes.
Appalachian Standard is committed to quality and strives to raise the CBD industry standard for their customers.
- Rena's Organic Review - May 17, 2020
- Green Angel CBD Review - May 17, 2020
- Harmonious CBD Review - May 17, 2020
- Moon Mother Review - May 8, 2020
- Cope CBD Review - May 8, 2020
- Knockout CBD Review - May 2, 2020
- Ology Essentials Review - May 2, 2020
- Vida+ Review - May 2, 2020
- Kushly Review - May 2, 2020
- CBD ReThink Review - May 2, 2020