Your Guide to CBD Vape Oils and CBD Vapes
As people continue to abandon cigarettes, vaping is becoming increasingly popular. And, as the range of vape oils, vape juices, and e-liquids grows larger it should come as no surprise that CBD vape products are starting to fill the market.
There are a number of ways to vape CBD oil: e-cigarettes, portable vaporizers, mods, and vape pens are some of the most popular.
Here’s everything you need to know about vaping CBD oil so you can get the most out of this beneficial cannabinoid.
What Is CBD Vape Oil?
Inhaling CBD oil using a vaporizer is one of the most effective methods of taking CBD, but it is also one that can be intimidating to new users. This doesn’t have to be the case.
CBD vape oil, vape juice, and e-liquid are not all that different from any other CBD oil product. The cannabidiol (CBD) is extracted from the hemp plant and added to a carrier liquid like hemp seed oil. When extracted, the consistency of CBD is quite thick, which is not ideal for vaping; carrier oils help to thin the cannabidiol out. It is not unusual for CBD vape juice producers to also include terpenes or added flavor to their products.
It is important to note that you cannot vape CBD oil tinctures. These products contain alcohol, and could be harmful, and certainly unpleasant, to smoke. Make sure your product is labeled as a CBD e-liquid, vape oil, or vape juice before using. CBD vape oil has been specifically prepared for the vaporization process and is designed for inhalation.
The finished vape juice is put into a disposable cartridge, which you can attach and detach from a reusable vape battery, or bottle from which you can dispense the liquid into your CBD vaping device of choice.
What Are CBD Vapes?
CBD oil vapes come in a variety of forms, with the most common being vape pens, portable vaporizers, and vape mods.
Vape pens and vaporizers typically have a rechargeable battery you can attach a cartridge to. Because of their slender, pen-like shape, CBD oil vape pens are discreet and portable; vaporizers may come in different shapes and sizes, but will usually be small and discreet enough to keep in a pocket or purse. Your CBD vape oil will either come in a disposable, pre-filled cartridge you can attach and detach from the battery, or you may find a pen or vaporizer with a refillable cartridge you can fill with any number of CBD vape oils. While the disposable cartridge may be more convenient, a refillable cartridge will allow you more options when it comes to selecting your CBD vape oil.
Vape mods are not much different from CBD vape pens or vaporizers; the biggest difference is in the strength of the device. A vape mod will typically have a much larger, rechargeable battery with a larger tank attached to the top to fill with CBD vape oil. The hits you take from a CBD mod will probably be more potent than those taken from a pen or vaporizer. Since vape mods are bigger in size, they may not be as discreet a choice as a CBD vaporizer or pen.
Regardless of the vaping device you choose, the method by which it works will not vary too much from the other options. As you inhale through the device, a vaporizer is triggered, heating a small amount of the CBD vape liquid, which then passes into the mouth. As the vapor is drawn down into the lungs, the CBD is absorbed directly into the blood, and the effects are felt instantaneously.
What Are the Benefits of Vaping CBD?
CBD vape oils provide an easy, fast-acting, and convenient way to take CBD.
When vaping is compared to other delivery methods, its leads the pack in the following ways:
- CBD vape oils are fast-acting. Because the CBD does not have to be digested and processed through the liver, it goes to work right away. It is perfect for people who experience sudden pain or anxiety symptoms and require quick relief.
- CBD vape oils are easy to use. All you need is a vape oil and something to vape with. Brands like VapeBright even have a starter kit that includes, a CBD oil vape cartridge, a rechargeable battery, and a carrying case: all you need to start vaping CBD!
- CBD vape oils taste great. Many CBD vape oils are flavored with terpenes, which complement the earthly flavor of hemp. For people who do not like the taste of hemp, there are also many products available with natural added flavors like cinnamon and orange.
So, if you’re looking for an on-the-spot and on-the-go CBD treatment, a vape will provide you with the benefits you’re looking for in a timely—and tasty—fashion.
How to Vape CBD Oil
Vaping CBD oil is simple! You simply need to suck on your vaping device to inhale the CBD vapor, hold for a moment, then exhale. (Some CBD vaping devices may have a button you need to hold down while inhaling.) Because CBD breaks down at higher temperatures, the coils in your vaping device may not be as hot as a nicotine vape, for example. This means you might have to take a longer drag on a CBD vape than other types of vapes to feel the effects.
CBD vape oils work well when taken with other CBD oil products. CBD oil capsules and tinctures, for example, can be used morning and evening as part of a regular supplementation routine and a CBD vape oil can be used for those in-between moments when symptoms pop up or you’re having the sort of day that just requires a little extra support.
It’s important to keep in mind that while the effects of a CBD vape are the fastest to take effect, they’re also the fastest to wear off, typically within an hour or so. Establishing your cannabidiol baseline with another longer-lasting CBD product can help mitigate some of the ups and downs this may cause. Or, if you really only rely on CBD for especially stressful or high-pressure situations, a CBD vape pen may be all you need.
But, before you begin any sort of supplementation routine with CBD oil, it is important to talk to your doctor. CBD oil does not have any harmful side effects and is generally thought to be safe, but it can interact with some commonly prescribed medications. You can also talk to a cannabis doctor who specializes in treating patients with cannabidiol and other natural supplements.
What Are the Best CBD Vape Oils?
Determining the best CBD vape oil will come down to your own personal preferences but there are lots of things to consider when making your selections.
Here are some tips for finding the best CBD vape oil:
- Consider the concentration. Most CBD vape oils will give you a ‘total’ CBD amount on the label. It will also break down the CBD content into serving sizes, making it easy to figure out approximately how much CBD you will get per inhale. However, it is important to remember that what constitutes an inhale can vary from person to person. So, if you are unsure of how you will respond to CBD oil, it is probably best to start with a lower concentration.
- Check the sourcing. It is always best to choose a product that has been sourced from certified organic hemp. This will ensure your product does not contain any harmful pesticides or herbicides.
- Look for testing. Most reputable brands will test their CBD oils for purity and potency. They will also post Certificates of Analysis indicating exactly what is in their product and at what concentration. Checking the Certificates of Analysis will help you verify any claims made on the label while avoiding hidden, harmful contaminants and heavy metals.
- Read the ingredients. Always read the ingredients in your CBD vape oil. Try to buy products that use hemp oil, hemp seed oil, or coconut MCT oil as their carrier liquid base. Many products will use propylene glycol or vegetable glycerin, which can become unsafe when heated. While both of these substances have been approved for use as a food additive, they have not been approved for inhalation: Some studies suggest that they may turn into formaldehyde when exposed to high temperatures  .
As mentioned before, always talk to your doctor before using a CBD vape product to make sure it is safe for you.
Once you get the all clear and have done a little bit of homework, you will be able to fully benefit from all that CBD oil has to offer.
If you’d like to learn more, check out the following:
- Can CBD Oil Get You High?
- Beginner’s Guide to CBD Oil: How to Take CBD
- CBD Oil vs. Hemp Oil: What’s the difference?
- Insomnia and CBD Oil: A Better Night’s Sleep
- Migraine Headaches and CBD Oil: Benefits, Effectiveness, and Dosage