MasterChef Nick Nappi's No-Fry, No-Yeast CBD Apple Cider Donut Holes
The last time we spoke to MasterChef alum Nick Nappi, we talked about his popular cannabis supper club and the basics of cooking with cannabis. Now, he’s back with an original recipe for delicious CBD-infused donut holes—no frying and no yeast required! Flavored with the sweet spice of apple cider, these treats are perfect with your morning coffee or after dinner on a brisk autumn evening.
Bakers…preheat your ovens!
Always speak to your doctor before using CBD.
Makes: 24 donut holes (5 mg CBD each)
Prep time: 25 minutes
Bake time: 11-14 minutes
CBD Apple Cider Donut Holes Ingredients
For the donut holes:
- CBD tincture (100 mg)* – Purchase only from a reputable and legal local dispensary.
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned & leveled)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
For the cinnamon sugar coating:
- 4-6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
*Can be substituted for a THC tincture
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 24-count mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Add the apple cider to a saucepan and heat over medium heat. Bring to a boil and allow to boil for 7-10 minutes or until the apple cider has reduced to 1/2 cup. Remove from the heat, pour the apple cider into a heatproof bowl, and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cooled reduced apple cider, Greek yogurt/sour cream, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, and melted butter until fully combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add CBD tincture. Using droplets, put a total of 100 mg into batter.
- Evenly distribute the batter between all 24 cavities of the mini muffin pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 11-14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the donut holes comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes. Carefully remove from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Brush with melted butter and toss in a cinnamon and sugar mixture.
More Expert Series Interviews
Opinions expressed in this article are those of our guest (the interviewee) and not necessarily of CBD Oil Review.