Green Garden Gold Oil & Peanut Butter$29.99-$59.99
CBD Peanut Butter 500mg $34.99
I appreciate the minimalistic approach to the ingredient list on the oils. This allows for multiple methods of administration; and reduces concern for unhealthy ingredients. However, in spite of the fact that the CBD peanut butter uses no genetically modified organisms in its ingredient list, the product is still full of trans fats. All hydrogenated vegetable oils are damaging to your health. Numerous clinical studies can attest to this fact. Especially the use of cottonseed and rapeseed oil! Not that soybean oil is any good for you either; but the former are well documented as really quite damaging to your health. It is for this reason that I will not be able to review the efficacy of the peanut butter product. I will taste a small amount for the review; but am not able to consume any substantial quantity of trans fats. Putting a tag line of “Remedies for Good Health” on your products is an admirable mantra; but it must not be just a mantra. One must abide by the guidelines they set for themselves. Remove those trans fats and replace them with healthy fats rich is omega 3. Using pure lard or animal fats (from animals raised in a responsible and organic fashion) are totally acceptable and indeed very healthy. Our nation's obsession with fats being “unhealthy” or “fattening” comes from the chicanery of the McGovern commission in the 1970s and the wave of diabetes and obesity are the, now all too real, consequences of incompetent government meddling in science and health. This is why we have products loaded with vegetable oils that much be processed to be acquired. There is nothing natural about consuming cottonseed oil; GMO or not. This practice needs to be abandoned and should be openly discussed until it becomes common knowledge.
– The CBD gold oil has a lab result posted on their website. There are no other results posted to indicate what testing was done to the platinum oil or the oil used in the other products. It is possible that the same oil is used in all of these products; but without it being explicitly expressed we are left to wonder. The lab results are completed by the same lab that conducts testing for the Endoca oils. In fact, the same 2 technicians (Martin Vangkilde & Paul K.) who conducted the tests on the Endoca oils in that time frame are the technicians who conducted the tests on the oil used by Green Garden Gold. The batch of oil shown here is high in CBD; but not in CBDa. This indicates the oil was heated in the extraction process.
– Both oil flavors have the distinct sweetness that is associated with vegetable glycerin based oils. The blueberry flavoring adds a nice aromatic note to the oil that is quite pleasant and not overpowering or overly “artificial”. When vaporized the flavors are quite nice. The peanut butter has a rich full flavor with a nice saltiness to it and not sickeningly sweet like so many peanut butters on the market today are. It really was a nice recipe. The oils do separate and rise to the top which would normally require stirring. Since I am trying to intentionally avoid the trans fats within I did not stir up the peanut butter before I tasted it.
Ease of use
– All products are very easy and pleasant to use in both oral and inhalation routes of administration.
– Oral and inhalation (vaporized)
Here is a brief video detailing the use of this oil in an array of differing vaporizer types. This video details some of the lesser known varieties of vaporizing equipment and is intended to demonstrate performance among these alternative vaporizers. This oil can be used in almost any style of vaporizer from the standard “510” E-Cigarette type vaporizers to the larger and more common portable pen style vaporizers. You do not need any of the devices used in this video to be able to use this oil effectively in your choice of vaporizer.
– 1-6 drops of the platinum & gold oils in various vaporizers
Vaporizing these oils was pleasant from a flavor perspective; but I prefer to vaporize CBD oils without the addition of glycerin and flavoring agents. Whenever I use any of the normal “E-Juice” style vapor liquids I often end up with a heady pressure and a slight headache mixed with a brain fog and very slight anxiety. The latter is likely psychosomatic; but that is my experience. I am please they chose to make this a glycerin based vape liquid instead of propylene glycol. PG vape liquids scare me. I'm not a fan of vaping vegetable glycerin; I definitely don't want to inhale propylene glycol vapors! The nice aspect to the glycerin based vapors is the enhanced vapor production. For me, this isn't a big issue; but for some this really matters. So, if you are one who likes to blow clouds. These oils in something like a magic flight launch box will certainly satisfy.
Value/Cost per milligram
– Platinum CBD oil regular 300mg $59.99 20cents/mg | Gold CBD oil blueberry 100mg $29.99 30cents/mg | CBD Peanut Butter 500mg $34.99 7cents/mg
– I appreciate that Green Garden Gold is providing thorough quality testing on their Gold oils. I would like more clarification on what testing is done to the oil in their Platinum product line; and more likely for them to specify on the web site that they are using the same oil as in the Gold oil which is almost certainly the case. Their attention to high quality ingredients is admirable and the lack of a laundry list style ingredient section on their label is wonderful. However, for the peanut butter product, they are using very damaging trans fats. These ingredients need to be replaced with healthy natural fats such as animal fats and/or other omega 3 rich fat sources that do not require chemical processing to acquire.
Would you buy it again? Why/why not?
These products were very delightful from a flavor perspective and the peanut butter has a great cost per milligram price point. If it were not for the trans fats that would be a great product. I did notice that the chocolate and almond spread does not have these ingredients which is a plus. All of the products are very easy to use as well. Since I am not a fan of glycerin based vape oils personally (there are many people who enjoy them quite a lot) I would not purchase the Platinum or Gold oils for myself. I would not purchase the peanut butter based solely on the trans fats issue; but may well consider purchasing the chocolate & almond spread since it sounds delightful and has a great cost per milligram price point.
Buy Green Garden Gold Products:
- Pure Spectrum CBD Product Review - October 7, 2016
- Vape Bright's Thrive Product Review - May 31, 2016
- Mary's Broad Panel Product Review - May 16, 2016
- Pure Hemp Botanicals Broad Panel Product Review - January 11, 2016
- Endoca Raw Hemp Oil (3000mg) Review - January 5, 2016
- CBD Zone Broad Panel Product Review - November 6, 2015
- Green Garden Gold Platinum/Gold Oil & Peanut Butter Review - September 30, 2015
- BioCBD+ Broad Panel Product Review - September 21, 2015
- Vaping CBD Oil - September 17, 2015
- The Medics Premium CBD Hemp Extract Tincture Review (100mg) - September 1, 2015