- Hugs Review
CBD Oil Review rates the Hugs brand with four stars because it qualifies for the Quality, Safety, Mission & Charity Badges.
User Review( votes)
Hugs Review: 60-Second Summary
The Hugs tagline is simple — hug yourself! These hip CBD purveyors out of Austin want to make self-care as easy as possible with their line of seemingly clean CBD products that features really cool topicals. Hugs hits a 4/5 rating with us for their commitment to quality, giving back, and more. And the company is very close to earning our Safety Badge. With thoughtful formulations and premium ingredients, Hugs is off to a great start.
*Last updated on 3/20/20
Hugs Brand Review
For a four-badge brand, we know shockingly little about the team behind Hugs. This doesn’t have any impact on their rating, but it is curious, especially since their CBD line seems to have all the trappings of a top-notch catalog. We know that Hugs was created on the principles of quality and transparency and for the most part, we see them following through on those values.
We also know that Hugs sources their CBD hemp from Colorado and uses cannabidiol that has been CO2-extracted, earning the brand the Quality Badge. While we’d like to know more about how their hemp is grown (i.e. organic practices?), industrial hemp from Colorado is known at-large to be cultivated cleanly.
And we know from third-party lab results for contaminants that the CBD oil in the Hugs product line is 100% clean. We were able to view tests for pesticides, residual solvents, heavy metals, and microbials. But unfortunately, the Safety Badge is the only badge missing for Hugs at the moment.
That’s because a couple of their potency tests available for view were not created by an independent lab. We know of a couple of awesome CBD vendors who don’t necessarily post every single cannabinoid profile in an effort to keep things easy for consumers. Instead, they consolidate the information on their own document. So while Hugs’ absence of third-party results doesn’t indicate low quality, it’s a no-go for the Safety Badge.
The Hugs line of broad-spectrum and full-spectrum CBD products is simple and affordable, designed to be added to anyone’s daily wellness routine. Check it out:
- CBD full spectrum tincture – We’re definitely digging these CBD tinctures that taste delicious with organic mango and raspberry flavoring, a nice departure from most of the natural flavors in CBD drops. The potency profile for these also looks very promising, with a healthy amount of CBC and other cannabinoids besides CBD.
- CBD gummies (all-natural) – This product also has a healthy cannabinoid profile. Not every day you see that with gummies!
- CBD bath bombs
- CBD chamomile clay mask – This looks like it could be a real winner with charcoal, CBD, and clay to keep the facial skin soft and breakout-free. But though the face mask appears all-natural, there is no ingredients list to be sure.
- CBD drink mix – Again, no ingredients here to view, but we know each packet contains broad-spectrum CBD, 75mg caffeine, and vitamins.
- CBD relief rub – Provided we could see the ingredients list, this would be our favorite product in the lineup. This CBD topical appears all-natural, with a peppermint-cayenne combo to boost blood flow on achy areas. But the reason we REALLY love it is for its stellar potency. While most CBD rubs are made with isolate, this one by Hugs has CBG and even CBC. Bravo!
- CBD Night Cap tinctures with chamomile (no ingredients list)
- CBD eye serum – Though this last topical is also lacking an ingredients list, we are awarding Hugs the Innovation Badge for using apple stem cells to make this an anti-aging potion.
As you can see, what we like most about Hugs is the potency of their products that thankfully, we’ve been able to verify this due to the brand’s high transparency.
Really our only bone to pick — and the pickins are slim — is the lack of comprehensive ingredients list for each product on the Hugs website. That, and the fact that we’d like to know more about the people and processes behind the brand. Show us more of who you are, Hugs! It will only bolster your already-solid reputation.
Bottom Line – Hugs is a premium CBD vendor out of Austin with a hip feel, charitable ethos, and quality lineup of broad-spectrum and full-spectrum products.
Frequently Bought Instead
Badges For Hugs
Hugs sources Colorado hemp and uses CO2 extraction to make their CBD oil.
Hugs uses innovative ingredients in their CBD formulations like apple stem cells and more.
Hugs is on a mission to bring a new standard of honesty and transparency to the CBD business.
Hugs donate a portion of every CBD product sold to nonprofit 10,000 Beds.
Top List of the Best CBD Products Ever
Best CBD Products for Pain
Best CBD Products for Anxiety
Best CBD Products for Sleep
- Rena's Organic Review - May 17, 2020
- Green Angel CBD Review - May 17, 2020
- Harmonious CBD Review - May 17, 2020
- Moon Mother Review - May 8, 2020
- Cope CBD Review - May 8, 2020
- Knockout CBD Review - May 2, 2020
- Ology Essentials Review - May 2, 2020
- Vida+ Review - May 2, 2020
- Kushly Review - May 2, 2020
- CBD ReThink Review - May 2, 2020