Kat’s Naturals: 60-Second Summary
Live well. That’s the simple and honest mantra behind Kat’s Naturals, a CBD apothecary born out of the Tennessee backyard of founder Kat Merryfield. Using expertise in nutrition and herbal remedies, the brand formulates powerful remedies that combine CBD with potent herbs and essential oils. Everything is 100% natural, and sustainability underpins every step. Kat’s Naturals is a charitable, ethical organization with a top-notch CBD product line and quality ingredients. While they post cannabinoid profiles for each of their products, we’d like to see them go further by publishing independent tests for contaminants. Other than that, there’s little that leaves us wanting from this little company with big heart.
** Review Updated 3/12/2019
Kat’s Naturals Brand Review
The Kat’s Naturals story begins with Kat herself, an herbalist and nutritionist from Tennessee who spent over 10 years growing and producing natural products from her backyard before incorporating CBD oil into the mix in 2015. After her husband Brian, a veteran, began experiencing PTSD, she really ramped up her formulation process to cater to those suffering from similar ailments.
In addition to being ethically motivated, Kat is environmentally motivated too, using minimalistic packaging and keeping sourcing and partners local to minimize the company’s carbon footprint. Their CBD oil is sourced from organically grown industrial hemp in the southeast United States, and they use supercritical CO2 extraction to procure both CBD isolate and full spectrum CBD, depending on the formula. After extraction, they triple distill their CBD oil to further refine the cannabidiol and render a highly potent final product.
We love the apothecary feel of the Kat’s Naturals line. It’s a feeling backed by authenticity: if you know anything about essential oils, you will recognize that the thought behind these formulations goes beyond pedestrian knowledge. Take a look at the 100% natural goodness:
- CBD Tinctures- Their bestsellers are the artfully formulated CBD oil drops in six varieties (pets included) geared toward different health outcomes. The Relax CBD for sleep health features isolate, hops oil, and wild orange essential oil to calm and soothe. The Balance formula combines full spectrum CBD with peppermint essential oil and MCT oil for daily use.
- CBD Topicals- The topical line is top of the line, featuring three options with unconventional healers like capsaicin-infused olive oil, avocado butter, and carrot seed oil. We like what we see here.
- Decarboxylated Hemp Flower- A unique, edible product perfect for smoothies and baked goods.
Although Kat’s Naturals has a CoA posted for each SKU, these unfortunately do not include test results for contaminants like residual solvents, pesticides, or heavy metals. Without this information, we unfortunately have to forego the Safety Badge.
Bottom Line- Kat’s Naturals is a sustainable, ethical CBD brand with high-end products that showcase the founder’s herbal expertise. They say they test regularly for contaminants, and we’d love to see them post these third-party results in order to award the Safety Badge.
Frequently Bought Instead
Badges For Kat’s Naturals
Kat’s Naturals sources their CBD hemp from three multi-generational farms in the southeastern U.S., uses CO2 supercritical extraction, and incorporates sustainably sourced essential oils.
Kat’s Naturals wants the people to live well by providing thoughtful CBD blends for natural remedies.
Kat’s Naturals donates proceeds to Operation Rally Point, an Atlanta organization that helps veterans transition back to civilian life.
- Milagro CBD Review - February 12, 2019
- CBD Global Extracts Review - February 12, 2019
- Shanti Wellness Review - February 12, 2019
- Kure CBD Review - February 12, 2019
- Fab CBD Review - February 2, 2019
- RE Botanicals Review - February 2, 2019
- VitaMia Hemp Review - January 24, 2019
- Harmony Review - January 24, 2019
- Illuminent CBD Review - January 24, 2019
- The Wee Hemp Company Review - January 22, 2019