- Kushly Review
CBD Oil Review rates Kushly with three stars because it qualifies for the Quality, Mission & Innovation Badges.
User Review( votes)
Kushly: 60-Second Summary
Kushly nails a few quality points according to our methodology, but we’re a little concerned about how little Kushly talks about testing their cannabidiol products. They have a pretty extensive CBD line, so we’d like to know more about what third party labs say as far as potency. And we couldn’t help but notice the amount of synthetics in the CBD skincare line.
Kushly is on a mission to ‘lead the industry’ by giving people access to the natural benefits of CBD through their ‘high quality’ products. They say they want to educate the world about CBD while offering great products, etc.
“Plants, not pills” — that’s their motto, and we’re all for it.
What we’re not all for are some claims made by the brand that don’t quite add up. For one thing, they have a seal on their website that says “100% Organic”, that Kushly uses ‘only the finest organic ingredients’.
And while there may be a couple organic essential oils here and there, the Kushly CBD catalog isn’t close to being organic. In fact, as you’ll read later when we bring up the astounding amount of synthetics in their CBD skincare line, synthetics like methylisothiazolinone that don’t have a great reputation among natural product enthusiasts.
Another claim that we want to address is that ‘Kushly products are some of the highest grade CBD selections you can find on the market today.’ If you’re calling CBD high grade, that means it’s from good stock (a.k.a. good hemp plants) and that it’s potent. And we can confirm the former, since Kushly earns our Quality Badge for USA hemp extracted with CO2.
But unfortunately, since Kushly posts zero tests online for their CBD products, we have no idea if these offerings are as ‘high grade’ as the brand claims they are.
That said, we appreciate that Kushly is very transparent when it comes to their ingredients. They plainly disclose everything that’s in their products, and we salute them for it — especially since a ton of brands don’t do this. Kushly offers a fairly extensive CBD catalog with a few bright spots worth noting:
- CBD oils – These are 100% natural with CBD oil, MCT oil, and terpenes for flavor.
- CBD ointment – This topical comes in two strengths and is one of the cleaner CBD topicals offered by Kushly with just three synthetics. (FYI- no scary stuff here like parabens)
- CBD capsules
- CBD toothpicks – Kushly’s CBD toothpicks are part of the reason they win our Innovation Badge. These are delights for the toothpick/always-chewing-on-something enthusiast in flavors like caramel apple, cinnamint, and more.
- CBD bath bombs
- CBD treats for large and small dogs
- CBD skincare – This is the part of Kushly that makes us more hesitant. Not only are not one of these products all-natural, but most have at least four synthetic ingredients. Although the brand technically gets the Innovation Badge partly for their anti-aging CBD cream with apple stem cells, we’re not huge fans of this line by Kushly. The worst offenders are the CBD facial cleanser and toners which both contain methylchloroisothiazolinone and methylisothiazolinone. Though this doesn’t factor into their rating, it’s worth noting.
With no charitable endeavors that we know of nor third-party tests to look at, Kushly stands at three badges for now.
Bottom Line – We regret that Kushly advertises their CBD products are organic while many, in fact, aren't; and that they provides no testing information on their catalog. Until they get show better transparency, we’re waiting it out in spite of their good score.
Badges For Kushly
Kushly is on a mission to give everyone access to the amazing benefits of CBD products.
Kushly sources hemp grown in the USA and uses CO2 extraction for their CBD oil.
Kushly offers innovative CBD products like flavored CBD toothpicks and their anti-aging CBD cream with apple stem cells.
- Rena's Organic Review - May 17, 2020
- Green Angel CBD Review - May 17, 2020
- Harmonious CBD Review - May 17, 2020
- Moon Mother Review - May 8, 2020
- Cope CBD Review - May 8, 2020
- Knockout CBD Review - May 2, 2020
- Ology Essentials Review - May 2, 2020
- Vida+ Review - May 2, 2020
- Kushly Review - May 2, 2020
- CBD ReThink Review - May 2, 2020