- Mission Farms CBD Review
CBD Oil Review rates Mission Farms CBD with two stars because it qualifies for the Mission & Quality Badges.
User Review( votes)
Mission Farms CBD: 60-Second Summary
Mission Farms boasts “healthy, tall, and lush hemp plants” courtesy of their nutrient-rich soil and ideal climate for growing hemp in Oregon. Led by families and designed with families in mind, their CBD oil tinctures only contain organic additives, including organic MCT oil and organic essential oils. Essential oils are huge in the CBD market, and we rarely see vendors with this kind of dedication to sourcing them organically. But while we feel warm and fuzzy about the Mission Farms CBD oil line, we get the willies from their deceptive language about what ingredients really lie in their CBD topicals.
Mission Farms CBD Brand Review
Mission Farms is owned by a group of families and grows their own hemp in what they describe as “The Napa Valley of Hemp” near Bend, Oregon. The volcanic soil in the region, combined with optimal climate and irrigation from the Deschutes River, makes their plants uber healthy and rich in cannabinoids like CBD, CBG, and CBA. Like many in the business, the founders experienced various health issues and turned to CBD for a natural solution. Surprise surprise, this wonder oil did the trick for pain and inflammation, insomnia, and more.
Mission Farms oversees the entire process “from our farm to your family” and states that they conduct third-party testing throughout production. We were able to find cannabinoid profiles for their CBD oils but no contaminants results and zero tests for other SKUs, making us unable to award the Safety Badge.
Something striking about Mission Farms is their use of 100% organic essential oils. Essential oils have become very popular additions to CBD formulations, but few companies use certified organic oils and even fewer use completely organic. Since the essential oil business is similar to the CBD oil market in lack of regulations, it’s really great to see a company show this kind of commitment to organic sourcing.
The Mission Farms product line uses full spectrum CBD oil, but we are unsure of the extraction process used. We love the use of organic essential oils, but we have a problem with a couple of ingredients, especially since they go against statements made by Mission Farms. Take a look:
- CBD oils – Full spectrum formulations are available in four options: Rest, Relieve, Relax, and Pure. Each option has specific essential oils and terpenes added to cater to each desired effect. We like what we see here.
- CBD bath soaks
- CBD topicals – Here’s where we have a major bone to pick with Mission Farms. They specifically state on their FAQ page that they have “no ingredients that you can’t even pronounce”. But the CBD Goat Milk Creams contain both phenoxyethanol and even worse, sodium hydroxymethylglycinate. Pronunciation aside, the latter is a formaldehyde releaser. Formaldehyde is a carcinogenic impurity. Nasty stuff.
Their CBD gel also contains phenoxyethanol plus triethanolamine. Though not as concerning as sodium hydroxymethylglycinate, we always call out these potentially toxic ingredients when we see them. And our main issue is that Mission Farms seems to be hiding the fact that they use them. In addition to saying they won’t use ingredients you can’t pronounce, they have this to say about the topical line:
“What goes on your skin goes in your body. That’s why our CBD Creams are 100% natural.”
Here’s the thing – the potentially harmful compounds mentioned above are technically derived from natural sources. BUT producing them requires synthetic processes and treatment with chemicals. Mission Farms may get away on a technicality with uneducated consumers, but they won’t with us.
Bottom Line – Mission Farms has some good things going for them, like their super rich Oregonian soil and their use of 100% organic essential oils. But we are a bit put off by their misleading language about their commitment to natural ingredients. We think they can do better.
Frequently Bought Instead
Badges For Mission Farms CBD
Mission Farms sources CBD hemp from their own farms in the Bend, Oregon region grown with zero preservatives or pesticides.
Mission Farms is committed to growing the happiest hemp possible and bringing the benefits of CBD oil to as many people as possible.
Top List of the Best CBD Products Ever
Best CBD Products for Pain
Best CBD Products for Anxiety
Best CBD Products for Sleep
- NanoCBD Plus Review - November 18, 2019
- CannaBliss Labs Review - November 18, 2019
- Dosist Review - November 18, 2019
- RAW Health Infused Products Review - November 14, 2019
- Root Bioscience Review - November 13, 2019
- Seven Points CBD Review - November 13, 2019
- Omax Health Review - November 13, 2019
- Barlean's Review - November 13, 2019
- Dr. Norm’s Wellness Review - November 13, 2019
- Potli Review - November 13, 2019