- Natures Tru Review
CBD Oil Review rates the Natures Tru Brand with two stars because it qualifies for the Mission & Innovation Badges.
User Review( votes)
Natures Tru: 60-Second Summary
Natures Tru offers a nice variety of reasonably priced CBD products from topicals to edibles, to more nuanced offerings like their innovative CBD-infused essential oils. The brand uses mostly CBD isolate, with just a few broad-spectrum options. While their CBD catalog appears decent, Natures Tru needs to make some major strides by way of disclosure to earn more badges and basic trust with online consumers.
Natures Tru Brand Review
Natures Tru may just be starting out — we say that because their website appears unfinished, with various typos and broken links. For example, they have a product comparison tool that caught our eye. But it’s currently not functioning, along with their CoAs page, making them ineligible for the Safety Badge.
Natures Tru is located in Port Charlotte, Florida, where they apparently process their CBD oil products. As far as sourcing, they get the green light from us — organically grown Colorado hemp. Always a good thing.
However, Natures Tru does not disclose their extraction method. The brand only states that they use the “highest quality extraction method”.
We’ve found that when CBD vendors use language like this about extraction, it usually means one of three things — either they do not know the extraction method, they use a nasty solvent like butane and do not want to disclose it, or they have a proprietary, super-secret process they don’t want to put out there (this is the least common).
Whatever the reason, we cannot award the Quality Badge without that information or a residual solvents test to look at as backup. Natures Tru states they conduct third-party testing but does not specify what they test for.
Let’s move on to the Natures Tru CBD catalog. In a nutshell, it’s an affordable array of typical product categories made with CBD isolate. But there are a couple of surprises you should know about. Check it out:
- CBD edibles – Natures Tru offers CBD gummies (artificial colors and flavors) along with CBD dried fruit snacks and honey sticks.
- CBD dog treats
- CBD tinctures – Choose from broad-spectrum or CBD isolate suspended in MCT oil.
- CBD vape products
- CBD essential oils – These are part of a new category of CBD products currently offered by just a handful of vendors, so we are awarding the brand the Innovation Badge for being at the forefront of this trend. Natures Tru infuses CBD isolate into the following essential oils: eucalyptus, lavender, lemongrass, patchouli, and peppermint. Essential oils have a litany of applications to enhance wellness. But remember, do not ingest essential oils unless under the supervision of a licensed expert like an herbalist or holistic practitioner.
- CBD wax with terpenes
- CBD terpenes – You need to dilute these before use. Natures Tru offers cannabis terpenes in OG Kush and other familiar varieties. Note that these do not contain cannabidiol.
- CBD topicals – Natures Tru has four options here: CBD balm, lip balm, pain cream, and skincare lotion. The first two we totally approve of — both have all-natural ingredients. The latter two contain a nasty synthetic: DMDM hydantoin. We always call out the synthetic stuff, but not every unnatural ingredient is a deal-breaker. Unfortunately, this one is.
DMDM hydantoin is a chemical preservative that is considered a formaldehyde releaser. Topicals with formaldehyde-releasing agents are documented to cause adverse reactions. Plus, there is robust evidence that proves formaldehyde is a carcinogenic impurity you want to avoid. Ipso facto, we’re avoiding these last two topicals.
Something we’d really like to see more of from Nature Tru is consumer education — not necessarily about what is CBD oil and how it works (there’s plenty of content about that).
Rather, we’d like to see them speak to how to use their more unique products. For example, they should definitely state that consumers should not ingest their essential oils and provide instructions. The same goes for their terpenes which require really specific instructions for anyone new to the product.
This is in the interest of basic safety for online consumers, our number one concern.
Bottom Line – Natures Tru has a long way to go to earn our trust. A good start would be posting independent test results for their CBD products, disclosing their extraction method, and providing instructions for their more uncommon offerings like CBD essential oils.
Frequently Bought Instead
Badges For Natures Tru
Natures Tru offers a new class of products with their CBD-infused essential oils.
Natures Tru strives to go above and beyond with regards to safety, compliance, and consistency with their CBD products.
Top List of the Best CBD Products Ever
Best CBD Products for Pain
Best CBD Products for Anxiety
Best CBD Products for Sleep
- Rena's Organic Review - May 17, 2020
- Green Angel CBD Review - May 17, 2020
- Harmonious CBD Review - May 17, 2020
- Moon Mother Review - May 8, 2020
- Cope CBD Review - May 8, 2020
- Knockout CBD Review - May 2, 2020
- Ology Essentials Review - May 2, 2020
- Vida+ Review - May 2, 2020
- Kushly Review - May 2, 2020
- CBD ReThink Review - May 2, 2020