- Prana Principle Review
CBD Oil Review rates the Prana Principle Brand with two stars because it qualifies for the Innovation & Mission Badges.
User Review( votes)
Prana Principle: 60-Second Summary
Anything else… is just less. That’s the Prana Principle. But when it comes to this CBD vendor, the key word should actually be “more”. By that, we mean we need to see a lot more from them. They’ve got the apothecary-style, sophisticated branding down, but a total lack of visible test results for their CBD products is a bit concerning.
Prana Principle Brand Review
We cannot deny that the Prana Principle packaging and branding are beautiful. They’ve got the essence of an all-natural apothecary, and we definitely dig that. The brand hails from Colorado, but their parent company comes all the way from the Netherlands. Prana Principle gets their name from the Sanskrit word meaning life force and purportedly “aims to continuously manifest health through intentional energetic movement and flow”.
That sounds well and good, but we find it concerning that a CBD company offering as many products Prana Principle does not have even one CoA for customers to view before they buy. The brand vaguely states they “obtain a certificate of analysis for each batch of PRANA PRINCIPLE™”, but we see no proof. The Safety Badge is out of the question for now.
As far as the Quality Badge, Prana Principle is halfway there. We know they source their CBD from industrial hemp grown in Oregon, Colorado, and the Netherlands, all regions known for their stringent regulations on clean hemp production. But Prana Principle never mentions their CBD oil extraction method, only that it is “proprietary”. Unfortunately, without a residual solvents test to look at as backup, we have to wait on the Quality Badge, too.
The Prana Principle CBD catalog is full of some all-natural winners and some dubious, not-so-natural concoctions. They sell both broad-spectrum and ‘regular’ CBD (they never say the term isolate) options, but again, we really wish we had some tests to look at here to see cannabinoid levels.
Prana Principle claims their broad-spectrum CBD products have all the cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids of full-spectrum, just without the THC. For now, you’ll have to take their word for it. Check it out:
- CBD capsules- Prana Principle has perhaps the most extensive variety of CBD capsules of any vendor we’ve seen to date. Overall, these look like fantastic supplements, all made with nano-emulsified, water-soluble CBD powder for high absorption. There are curcumin blends, a melatonin version, and even CBDA blends. CBDA is the raw form of CBD and a beneficial cannabinoid in its own right. Kudos to Prana Principle for shining the spotlight on this up-and-coming cannabinoid.
- CBD oil tinctures (water-soluble)
- CBD water- Prana Principle’s CBD water is one of their most unique and popular items. These come in three flavors and are supposedly infused with CBD and 27 superfoods. You’ll love that there are no artificial colors, flavors, or added sugars. But for $7.99 for a 16-oz bottle, we for sure want to see an ingredients list and a cannabinoid profile. We want to get what we pay for!
- CBD for pets (dog chews and CBD pet tinctures)
- CBD shampoo and conditioner- These are surprisingly clean, with phenoxyethanol as the only unsavory ingredient.
- CBD skincare- Prana Principle has some unique, even innovative CBD skincare products like foot masks and body wraps to target inflammation and improve skin health. However, the line is packed with synthetic ingredients. Our favorites are the CBD body balm and CBD lip balm, both all-natural. The rest of the CBD skincare products contains multiple synthetics, and we’re particularly stumped by their use of BHT (a chemical and borderline-problematic preservative) in the CBD body oil. Industry-wide, CBD body oils and massage oils are usually made from natural ingredients.
At the end of the day, disclosing their extraction method for their CBD oil and providing at the very least, cannabinoid profiles for each product, will get Prana Principle far with us and with consumers. It also wouldn’t hurt to say goodbye to some of the unnatural stuff and of course, get involved in charity. Our two cents!
Bottom Line – Prana Principle has an impressive line of CBD products, many of which are innovative and water-soluble, but the total absence of test results gives us pause.
Frequently Bought Instead
Badges For Prana Principle
Prana Principle utilizes nanoemulsion techniques to make their water-soluble CBD.
Prana Principle values health and well-being by providing pure, natural CBD products.
Top List of the Best CBD Products Ever
Best CBD Products for Pain
Best CBD Products for Anxiety
Best CBD Products for Sleep
- Just Juice USA Review - January 15, 2020
- The Trusted Lab Review - January 8, 2020
- Natures Tru Review - January 8, 2020
- Envy CBD Review - December 25, 2019
- Enveed Review - December 25, 2019
- Pura Cura Review - December 25, 2019
- Canvas 1839 Review - December 25, 2019
- Good Hemp Review - December 25, 2019
- Provacan Review - December 25, 2019
- Straight Hemp Review - December 13, 2019