Procana: 60-Second Summary
Procana is one of those CBD brands hyper-focused on research and development. We love that they are serious about science, maintaining a medical board and conducting multiple studies on their CBD oil. They are a member of the Hemp Industries Association and exude the essence of a reputable, trusted brand. They’re getting there, but Procana needs to up their game on independent laboratory tests. We’re very serious about this issue, and in this case, it probably just means some internal streamlining versus a complete processes shift. Ipso facto, they’re very close to earning a Safety Badge.
** Review Update 2/28/2019
Procana Brand Review
Procana is all about the CBD scientific/medical angle, housing three esteemed medical doctors on their board and claiming to be involved in extensive studies. They’re particularly concerned with ratios in their products, experimenting and documenting in an attempt to render the most effective and potent combinations.
Their CBD is sourced from the Czech Republic and extracted via the supercritical CO2 method which we highly approve of. Procana comes very close to receiving the Safety Badge since most of their products contain testing information. But we are notorious sticklers in this department. Various Procana products contain independent results for potency but none for contaminants and vice versa.
We may get the proverbial eye roll from CBD brands on this front, but we are sticklers for two very important reasons:
- Safety – A comprehensive cannabinoid profile should be shown so we can determine that THC levels fall at or below the legal level and that CBD is indeed present. Plus, we need to be sure there are no harmful contaminants like residual solvents and heavy metals.
- Getting what you pay for – This is why we demand test results for each SKU. Without them, CBD companies can in theory, place scant amounts of CBD (or none at all) in their products while the consumer is none the wiser.
That said, Procana has a quality and focused product line with ingredients we totally approve of. Their CBD offerings fall under the following categories:
- CBD Balance – CBD isolate softgels in grapeseed oil and tinctures suspended in extra-virgin olive oil. Each dose contains eight milligrams of CBD.
- CBD Complete – Extra strength varieties of the above options with 20 mg of CBD per dose.
- CBD Ultra – This maximum strength option delivers 50 mg of CBD per capsule/dropper.
- Hemp Spectrum+ full spectrum CBD oil
- Hemp Advanced full spectrum softgels with added CoQ10
- Hemp Omega capsules with CBD and Omega-packed, Canadian hemp seed oil
- Vet Formula softgels and CBD oil tinctures for pets
- CBD Vape – Procana offers a very clean vape line (not very common in this space) whose ingredients are merely CBD, MCT oil, natural oils, and organic flavoring. They sell disposable CBD vape pens, vape liquids, and cartridges.
Bottom Line – Procana is on the right track with quality formulations and cleanly processed CBD oil. We suggest streamlining their testing processes so all SKUs are covered for both contaminant and purity concerns. A little charitable giving wouldn’t hurt either.
Frequently Bought Instead
Badges For Procana
Procana sources their hemp CBD from the Czech Republic, uses CO2 extraction, and offers premium, all-natural ingredients in their CBD products.
Procana is engaged in multiple medical studies and ongoing CBD research with leading doctors and scientists.
- Leafwize Naturals Review - April 21, 2019
- Bonzai Therapeutix Review - April 21, 2019
- Rose Gold CBD Review - April 21, 2019
- Nature's Root Review - April 21, 2019
- CBD Clinic Review - April 21, 2019
- Pure Kind Botanicals Review - April 21, 2019
- Pet Releaf Review - April 21, 2019
- Sativa Skincare Review - April 21, 2019
- Hemp Health Inc. Review - April 21, 2019
- Grassroots Harvest Review - April 21, 2019