- Wild Hemp Review
CBD Oil Review rates Wild Hemp with three stars because it qualifies for the Quality, Mission & Innovation Badges.
User Review( votes)
Wild Hemp: 60-Second Summary
Wild Hemp was born out of the vape industry — the subsidiary of a vape company called American Juice Co — and now manufactures CBD products from smokables to water-soluble tinctures. The brand scores a couple of points with us, namely for some really awesome hemp CBD cigarettes and their clean sourcing/processing. But there are also a few things that are holding us back.
Wild Hemp Review
Wild Hemp is an offshoot of America Juice Co, a vape company with large-scale facilities in Dallas that manufactures various e-liquids and sells them through their consumer brands. That company began with a mission to rid the world of cigarette smoking with vapable options. And now, the mission has been redirected within the CBD space, as Wild Hemp offers CBD vapables and other products.
There are things we like and things we don’t like about Wild Hemp. Let's start with the fact that Wild Hemp sources all the hemp in their line from Oregon and Colorado. Plus, they use CO2 extraction. Thus, their CBD oil meets our standards for the Quality Badge, and we like that they keep sourcing and production in the USA.
Wild Hemp also has a few fantastic and innovative CBD product options that we’re really into:
- Their ‘hempettes’ CBD cigarettes – Wild Hemp is known for these CBD cigs that feature different hemp varietals named for their terpene/flavor: regular, sweet, and pineapple blaze. We have not seen this level of flavor in CBD hemp cigarettes before, so major props. FYI these look exactly like traditional cigarettes and smell like cannabis, so take that into consideration and enjoy!
- CBD with Copaiba – Wild Hemp uses an uncommon (and expensive) ingredient in a few of their products which we love, Copaiba oil. The brand claims it may have synergistic effects when combined with cannabidiol. While we can’t prove that, we really like the inclusion of this all-natural, plant-based ingredient.
- Versatility – Wild Hemp’s CBD tinctures (except maybe for the ones with Copaiba) can be taken orally, vaped, or added to food and drinks, making them a highly versatile way to get your CBD on.
- Potent cannabinoids – Wild Hemp is true to their labeling, and their broad-spectrum CBD oil is just that: full of a range of multiple cannabinoids, according to their lab tests. Entourage effect in session.
That said, we see some areas for improvement that we think will only help both the brand and consumers alike:
- Testing – Currently, Wild Hemp posts a few potency tests, but they definitely don’t have all their SKUs covered. Additionally, in order to grant the Safety Badge, we’d need to see contaminants results for pesticides, residual solvents, heavy metals, and microbials on their CBD oil.
- The CBD lotion – We know we praised Wild Hemp for using Copaiba (this product has it as an ingredient), but we’re not at all fond of the other synthetics in this CBD topical. We found parabens, triethanolamine, and more.
Something we won’t come down as hard on as parabens is polysorbates. Wild Hemp puts food-grade polysorbates in their CBD tinctures in order to emulsify them and give them that versatility to be vaped, ingested, or added to food/bevs. The FDA allows a certain amount of polysorbates in food, and some polysorbates can be sourced from mostly plant materials. This call is up to you, but remember the FDA does not regulate CBD oil products.
Bottom Line – Wild Hemp has some great CBD products with potent profiles and innovative botanicals. We would get totally on board if they would provide access to testing and remove a couple of ingredient choices from some of their product formulas.
Badges For Wild Hemp
Wild Hemp — through parent company America Juice Co — envisions a smoke-free world with better alternatives to cigarettes.
Wild Hemp sources their hemp plants from Colorado and Oregon and uses CO2 extraction to procure their CBD oil.
Wild Hemp offers innovative products like water-based CBD oil and more.
- Rena's Organic Review - May 17, 2020
- Green Angel CBD Review - May 17, 2020
- Harmonious CBD Review - May 17, 2020
- Moon Mother Review - May 8, 2020
- Cope CBD Review - May 8, 2020
- Knockout CBD Review - May 2, 2020
- Ology Essentials Review - May 2, 2020
- Vida+ Review - May 2, 2020
- Kushly Review - May 2, 2020
- CBD ReThink Review - May 2, 2020